CCARS Meeting Minutes for Sunday, September 7, 2014
CCARS President Glenn (W4ULB) called the meeting to order at 3:20 PM
W4ULB, Glenn, President
KK4AVB, Bill, Secretary
Beginning Balance: $474.20
2014 Membership Dues: $265.00
2014 Picnic: $100.00
Sale of Surplus MARS Equip: $203.00
Ending Balance: $1042.20
- Sale of Surplus MARS equipment. The following items have been picked up by club members and are pending receipt of payment:
- Three steel shelving units purchased by Brian: $150.00
- One steel rack mount purchased by Brian: $100.00
- Two sealed batteries purchased by Thurston: $20.00
- One sealed battery purchased by Mike: $10.00
- It is with great sadness that we report the loss of the following members of CCARS:
CCARS send its heartfelt condolences to all their families
- On July 9, 2014, long time member and current CCARS Vice President, Toby Hoffler (KE4JTI) passed away suddenly.
- Bill Woods (K4WAS) became a silent key in August.
- US Army and Desert Storm veteran Frank Clark (AK4LN) passed peacefully at a VA hospital in Florida on September 7, 2014.
- The next CCARS eating meeting will be held on Saturday, October 4, 2014 at Pepper's Mexican Grill in the Kings Bay Village near the movie theater. Reservations were made by Bill (KK4AVB) on September 12. The reservations were made in the CCARS name. Hope to see everyone there
- The tower company has finally turned off power to the K4QHR 2M repeater (146.895 MHz). CCARS is very grateful to Pete K4QHR for all his years of hard work and dedication in keeping the repeater running for hams to use
- The former WMOG AM 1490 Gates BC-1G 1KW AM transmitter was successfully rescued from scrapping on August 17th, much to the credit of Mel (WE8J) and his lovely wife Angela (W8ANG), without whom this project would have never happened. The transmitter is now safely stored in a climate controlled location until it can be relocated to a new home. We also want to thank Ryan (KK4WIC), Scott (W4SGB), and Tim (AK4YW) for their assistance
CCARS President Glenn (W4ULB) closed the meeting at 4:00 PMM
For more info about CCARS, please visit our web page at www.ccars.org.